This is my very first - Fill in the Blank Friday! Megs does these pretty much every Friday, and I have been wanting to for awhile. So here it goes:
1. My dream vacation would be: I have several dream vacations, but one that I really want to do is visit every single Mexican state, yes all of them. If it would be done in one single road trip, then that would be great. It would be done via rental car and taking public transportation. It’s where my roots are, well technically half of them – the other half are in the Rio Grande Valley, but that too was once Mexico. I’ve only been to Baja California, Michoacán, Distrito Federal, Guanajuato and Oaxaca.
2. The best trip I've ever taken was: Hmm I think it still has to be my study abroad in Mexico. It was the most life changing and challenging trip I’ve ever taken. I spent seven whole weeks there in DF, Morelia & Oaxaca. Would I do it all over again, you betcha.
3. The most important items to take on a road trip are: I miss road trips, but definitely music – it’s the most important thing. Oh and a good book and a journal.
4. The next trip I'm looking forward to is: New York or LA. Those are my goals right now.
5. If I had to pick one CD to listen to for a long road trip it would be: Oh man, I don’t know. It really would depend on who was with me, because that would indicate what genre and even what language. So here are a couple of choices: Spanish: Mana – Amar es Combartir and English: John Mayer – Room for Squares.
6. The biggest disaster I've ever encountered while traveling was: During my study abroad, at the very end, Stephany and I decided to take a trip to the beach. We found this little tourism shop and got super excited for our trip to Puerto Escondido and it was quite the deal. And while, we did have so much fun when we eventually got there, the thing the woman failed to mention was that we were traveling by 3rd class bus. Our host parents dropped us off at the nice bus terminal and we thought we were set to go, but no. We had to grab a taxi and go all the way across town, we almost missed the bus. The seats were super uncomfortable. There was a little boy crying and throwing up all night (it was an overnight trip over these crazy mountains with huge drop-offs) and we had to take turns sleeping because, well we didn’t feel safe at all. Needless to say, it’s the only time that I’ve yelled at someone completely in Spanish and got our tickets for the way back upgraded, but then we had to deal with the damn French girls all the way back.
7. My favorite traveling memory is: the road trips that we used to take to Mexicali. The entire family would pile in the Bronco and off we would go to my grandmother’s house. It was lots of family bonding (at the time not so much fun), but looking back, I kinda miss doing stuff as a family – sometimes. Also, the parents would throw in a Disneyland stop and that was always so much fun!
1 comment:
You are the second person to put "room for squares" on their road trip music choice. I forgot what a solid album it is
Post a Comment