Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 29 — Hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 day

Hopes....
Dreams......
Plans........


It's funny, I've always been a planner. If we are going somewhere - I'll do the research, get the maps, directions, places of interest, etc. But lately I feel like I'm just really going day by day, if not week by week. And maybe that's why I'm feeling so directionless these days. Some days I feel like I'm wasting my time and that I should be doing cool stuff, like teaching abroad, working in social justice, etc. And then sometimes, I'm perfectly happy and feel that this is where I really want to be.
And it's probably why I haven't fully committed to my grad program. Yes, it's a big decision, and ok maybe I'll finally admitted - commitment and I have big issues, but really who doesn't right? Ok, maybe it's just me? So there's one plan - finally applying to the damn program. It's actually my goal to do it before June 11th - it's in my iphone, so it has to be official right? *sigh*

I guess here's my ever evolving list that I always tell myself I need to work on:
  • Being present - I get so easily distracted that I need to focus on when someone is talking and really listen
  • Being active - working out is on top of my agenda for this summer. I was really good about it last summer, but then fall happened it I got out practice.
  • Saying no - I tell myself every year that I am going to cut back on what I do and it just never happens. But I really need to focus on myself, before I really burn out.
  • Stay healthy - which goes with being active, but also being aware of what I eat. It's so easy to just go home and eat whatever, so this is something I really need to work on. Also, I feel like I've been sick more these past couple of years than I have ever been in my life.

No comments: