Saturday, May 10, 2008

Night time noises

One of the things I love about being at home, are the night time noises.

I love the sound of crickets and the sound of silence. It's one of the things that I miss the most of living out in the country. Only occasionally hearing the sound of a car going by. My parents live about 2 miles from the train tracks and in the distance, you can sometimes hear the train whistle blow. I notice that when I am at home I don't need to fall asleep with the radio on, I don't need to have something to block out the city noise - the cars and sirens.

It was funny because this morning when I woke up I totally had forgotten where I was and was completely thrown off when I heard the roosters.

Who knows, I often think that when I'm older and get tired of the city life that I will somewhere were there are no big buildings and just peace and quiet....

No comments: