Today was really a great day. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with my family. We are such a crazy bunch, but I love every one of them!
At one point we all made it over to the trampoline and were all jumping on it. We being: Carlos, Tassa, Noe, Olivia and Ericka. At one point Tassa was jumping by herself and somehow she slipped and rolled to the side and ended up going through the springs! And then Andrea finally came over to jump as well and she ended up RIPPING the trampoline in half! Oh gosh, we all laughed so hard my stomach hurt so bad. I'm just glad that we all weren't on it at the same time or that Andrea wasn't in the middle of a jump because someone could have gotten seriously hurt. I think it was time for the trampoline, we have had that thing forever now. Since we lived at the old house and we've lived at this current house since I was in 8th grade.
So after the trampoline fiasco we all headed back to the front of the house and then somehow a game of volleyball got started. It was 5 on 5 and it was during this game that I realize where I get my competitiveness. We are all super competitive and no one gets in our way, well except Carlos taking a break to drink from his beer or me to send a text LOL. I'm now all bruised up on my arms, but we had so much fun. Grunting and flexing our muscles at each other, ok so that was mostly Noe and I, haha.
So also, Ericka's fiance (Baldo) came to his first official family gathering. I think he was a bit intimidated, but it doesn't help that he is a little bit shy. After observing him and his interaction with the rest of the family, I can see where meeting our family can be super intimidating. We are all a close knit bunch with so many inside jokes and we all like to joke around... A LOT. I just hope we didn't scare him away, haha.
It's always during family gatherings like this one that I really miss my family. I hate that we all live so far away from each other. But it's going to gatherings like this one that makes me really appreciate the time I do get to spend with them and how close we all still are. I hope this never changes. My family is super important to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment