Thursday, May 1, 2008

Late Night Reading

So for the first time in a long time, I stayed up super late and read a book until I was done with it. I just could not put it down and I just wanted to keep on reading. It was about 1:30 AM when I finally finished it.

What book was this, you ask - Dan Savage's The Kid. It's the story of Dan and his partner Terry and their whole open adoption process. It was a very funny book and I really enjoyed it. Dan's writing is just honest and funny. I found myself almost laughing out loud at many different things in the book.

It's funny because growing up I used to stay up until all hours of the night just reading and reading. I would actually finish a couple of books a week this way. (I always tended to have insomnia during the summer while growing up.) But now I find that if I even stay up until like midnight, the next morning I am just dragging.

No comments: