It's Monday. I was soooo not ready for today. After being off for 4.5 days, it was so hard to get back in the groove of things. I'm still not sure if I even really accomplished anything today.
Thanksgiving was lots of fun this year. The cousins who I am the closest to, came over & we just all pretty much sat around, joked and told stories. I love my cousins - they keep me grounded and always put in my place, when it needs to happen. It was also great to see several of the new additions to the family. Little babies are fun to play with when I can just hand them back to their parents when they get fussy, ha!
Also, Valeria & I went on a Black Friday shopping adventure. She really wanted to the camera from Old Navy, but we failed. But despite, missing out on the camera we had a blast. We blared one of my country mixes and just laughed & talked. I can't remember the last time the two of us hung out, let alone for that amount of time. We didn't roll into my parents driveway until 3 AM and still stayed up a little longer to chit-chat. There may be a 10 year age difference between us but she is like a little sister.
This last weekend also marked the 8 year anniversary. Where does the time go? It doesn't feel like 8 years and I wonder when it will ever get easier. This year I went to the cemetery by myself to leave some flowers for my uncle & my grandparents before making the trek back home.
Now I can't believe that it's almost December & before we know it it'll be Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment