The holidays now feel like a blur. But it was fun and relaxing. Got to spend a lot of time with the family, including some of my cousins. I also got to catch up with a few friends along the way.
Here's a recap of December -
- Listening to NPR's LatinoUSA makes the time go by much faster on the drive over the mountains
- Little boys like to attack you when you aren't looking
- Talking Tom will always break the ice
- Talking about mini-vans is a convo I never would have thought I would have with one of my cousins
- Baking is much more fun in my mom's kitchen
- I was told several times that I had to be good, or Santa would take away my presents by my 5 yr old niece
- I will always make time for DK's - best burgers & shakes!
- When you go "in to town" you will always run into someone you know
- Drinking while making tamales, might sound like a great idea - but it isn't, trust me
- Watching Friends With Benefits with mom sounded like a good idea, but it wasn't - maybe there should have been alcohol involved
- Learned about the gestation periods of different animals while hanging out with a friend & her sister, who is pregnant - the conversation was quite hilarious and entertaining
- Spending the day in your pj's & being lazy is what I need to do more often
- I also need to walk around Greenlake more often, especially when you're gossiping & laughing the whole way
- Re-discovering a novela you watched with your mom in the early 90s is very bad for productivity
Oh and.....I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT! Yup, sister & bro-in-law announced they were having baby #2 at the end of July! I'm very excited, yet nervous for how the niece is going to handle this.
Also, New Year's Eve was so much fun. We did another low-key evening with where we spent our time playing games (girls vs. boys), snacking + drinking, dancing and of course laughing. My stomach hurt so much by the end of the night, especially after the boys had to complete their challenge (they lost, badly). The funny thing is that it was one of the boys' ideas. They had to pop 4 balloons each, not using their hands and using each other. All of the girls were crying from laughing so hard.
They say that what you are doing on NYE is what you'll be doing for the rest of the year...well I certainly hope that there will be many more nights like this one. My friends are truly amazing. I love them dearly and don't know what I would do without them.
Here's to another year filled with much more laughter and new adventures!
-m
No comments:
Post a Comment