Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
There are many people who inspire, but the one that I always think of is Dolores Huerta, who if you see a previous post, is also someone I wish I could be for the day. She is truly an amazing woman. She was Cesar Chavez's right-hand woman throughout the forming of the United Farm Works as well as lead many labor negotiations, such as the Grape Boycott and is just an amazing activist. All while raising 11 (yes, 11) kids! Also, did I mention that she is now 80 yrs old and is still going strong and traveling around the country and running her own foundation in addition to the UFW. Any time I think that something might be too hard or impossible to do, I always think, if Dolores is still going at 80, then I sure as hell at 28 can do it. I've also had the privilege of meeting her 1x while I was in undergrad and it was great to listen to her inspiring words.
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
I can't think of anything that has made a huge impact on my life, at least recently. I guess, I haven't had any big impacts, good or bad, in the recent years. Or at least anything huge that has been life changing. I guess, what has been an impact, there is no picture for it. It's a realization that you just can't trust everyone. When it comes down to it, people talk a big game, but that's just it - it's talk. And it does make a little bit sad but mostly for that person, but in the end I know who my friends are. And I can turn to them for anything and everything. And when they scold me and "yell" at me or when they pull the doctor card, I know it's because they truly care about me.
So instead here's a picture of a group who continue to be a big part of my life and make me accountable for my actions, as well as make me a better person.
So instead here's a picture of a group who continue to be a big part of my life and make me accountable for my actions, as well as make me a better person.

No comments:
Post a Comment