Monday, February 21, 2011

Music Monday!

3-day weekend means going out, having fun and forgetting about everything else...right? Nope, wrong. Well not entirely, I did go to a friend's birthday celebration & I've been doing homework with Lauren all weekend.

This has actually been one of my most productive weekends in a long time, well in regards to homework. I actually wrote a 7 page paper in one sitting! AND I've gotten a good chunk of my reading done. I'm actually a head of the game this week.

But with doing homework, in not my apartment, but at C&P Coffeehouse and right now currently at Feedback Lounge. I've also been listening to a lot of music. Yesterday, a live blue grass band was playing in the background and now right now Chris Cornell is blaring overhead.

I'm totally one of those people who has to have something playing in the background or I can't concentrate on what I'm trying to do. It's funny because I can totally remember carting around my discman and cd's with me to the 5th floor of Wilson Library and setting up shop. I just can't sit in silence and work on a paper or do reading. (The same is true when falling asleep, thank God for a timer on my tv, otherwise it would just be on all night. )

And really I don't have a specific genre that is my go-to for studying. I listen to pretty much anything and it also depends on what I am working on. But there was one album that was my go-to for many years. Tim McGraw - Everywhere. And it wasn't just one particular song, but the entire album was played on repeat. I can't even begin to count how many times I've actually listened to that album.

My favorite song on the album, has been and will always be "Where the green grass grows." There's just something about that song that just makes me miss home a little. Don't worry, I'm not about to move back east, but who knows maybe someday down the road when I'm like 50, haha.

No comments: