Monday, January 24, 2011

Music Monday...trying something new.

I've been thinking of ways to actually blog on a regular basis. I've done a couple of blogging challenges, but with the last one I got to a question that I really didn't want to blog about and ended up not finishing it. So I'm going to try a couple of "themed days" that I will try to continue for 2011. My friend Rebecca did this for a while over on her blog, but these days she's getting worse than me about blogging ;).

So, today I bring you MUSIC MONDAY!

I've been thinking about this all day. What in the world is going to be my first song for Music Monday. And that's when it came on my iPhone - Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. (Although, I guess technically, it was the Glee cast version on my phone playlist.)

You see, and I may have blogged about this before...maybe, I have a Journey theory. If Don't Stop Believin' is heard at some point during the day or the evening, well it's going to be a great time. This was proven true on my California trip last year, when every night we went out & about we heard it - in the cab, at the bar - all at random times. Each night and day was so much fun and such a blast. Also, it's not a song that you would typically hear every day either. So, when you do hear it, it's kind of a nice little surprise.

I mean, what's not to love about this song. This song comes on at a bar and it's almost a guarantee that you will find yourself singing at the top of your lungs, possibly even dancing. That is unless you are at Earl's in the U-district and they would immediately skip it (proving that yes, they had control of the jukebox, even though they said they didn't - jerks) and move on to the next song.

So with that, I leave you with....


No comments: