The first thing out of her mouth is always "Aye, Moni" followed by "ok, mujer, calmate (calm down)" and then followed by either a) advice b) lecture or c) laughter. It's because of her that the term "I love you real hard" was coined.
It's funny, one of the first times I actually hung out with her was when we were assigned to work on the slide-show for the Migrant Youth Conference. We spent so many hours sitting in her room, drinking Coronas, that Alvaro had brought over for us, and going through so many pictures to create the perfect slide-show for the end of conference closing ceremony. (I want to say we had about 7 digital cameras worth of pictures.) We definitely bonded that night and, the rest was as they say - history. Now I can't imagine going a week without at least texting or IMing to check in with each other.
I'm lucky to have the friends I do. She's the older sister I never knew I needed. We joke that we are a lot alike and actually we are in so many ways. We really balance each other out in regards to our personalities.
10/10 - Ozomatli Show. Our required "nerd" picture every time we hang out-------------
*Although Jared & I probably only talk about 5x a year, I can always count on him to give the most straight forward and often times, non-solicited advice. I wish I had saved texts from him about dating republicans and not becoming a lesbian. Both long stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment