Thursday, September 2, 2010

There are songs that just bring on a flood of memories....good & bad, happy & sad. And today I've heard it randomly three times. (On Music Choice while getting ready, on my ipod (there are 1,500+ songs - why that one??) and then just now on Pandora) I used to be a big believer in signs, and perhaps I never really stopped paying attention to them - I just stopped looking for them.

Ojalá Podria Borarte, by Mana, is easily one of my favorite songs. There is something that is both haunting and also, memory provoking about that song. It makes your heart heavy and sad. We've all been through it and wish that we could just forget about that one person.

And now the lyrics (Spanish w/ English)
Ojala pudiera borrarte / Hopefully I can erase you

Ojala y te me borraras de mis sueños
Hopefully, I will erase you from my dreams

Y poder desdibujarte
and be able to undraw you

Ojala y pudiera ahogarte en un charco
Hopefully, I can drown you in a pool

Lleno de rosas y amor
full or roses and love

Ojala y se me olvidara hasta tu nombre
Hopefully, I can even forget your name

Ahogarlo dentro del mar
and drown it inside the ocean

Ojala y que tu sonrisa de verano
Hopefully, your smile of summer

Se pudiera ya borrar
I am able now to erase

[Estribillo:]
chorus

Vuelve corazón
return my love

Vuelve a mi lado
come back to my side

Vuelve corazón
return my love

No vuelve no vuelve no vuelve no
she doesnt return no she wont return no

Ojala y te me borraras para siempre de mi vida
Hopefully, you will erase yourself from my life

Para no volverte a ver
So I wont be able to see you again

Ojala y te borraras por las noches en el día
Hopefully, I can erase you from my nights during the day

Para no volverte a ver
So I wont be able to see you again

Ojala y te me esfumaras de mis sueños, vida mía
Hopefully, I can fade you from my dreams, my love

Para no volverte a ver
So I wont be able see you again

No, ni en sueños
No not even in my dreams

Como puedo yo borrar tus besos vida
How can I erase your kisses my love

Están tatuados en mi piel
when they are tattooed on my skin

Quiero de una vez por todas, ya largarte
I want once and for all, that you get lost

Y borrarte de mi ser
and erase you from my being

Ojala y la lluvia me ahogue entre sus brazos
Hopefully, and the rain will drown me in its arms

Para no pensar en ti
So I wont be able to think of you

O que pase un milagro o pase algo,
I that a miracle occurs or something

Que me lleve hasta ti
that will take me straight to you

[Estribillo]
chorus

Ojala y te me borraras para siempre de mi vida
Hopefully, you will erase yourself forever from my life

Ojala y te me esfumaras de mis sueños vida mía, y que no me lluevas más
Hopefully, I can fade you from my dreams my love or stop you from raining on me ever again

Y ojala y q la lluvia me ahogue entre sus brazos,
Hopefully, and the rain will drown me in its arms

Para no volverte a ver, no
So I wont see you again

Ni en sueños
Not even in my dreams

Pa que pares de llover
So you can stop from raining

Sueños, sueños, oh oh sueños
dreams, dreams, oh oh dreams

No comments: