Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So last night the roommate, along with a co-worker (Jason) and a friend of his (Virginia) attended a preview screening of He's Just Not That Into You. The story follows nine characters as they try to make sense of their love lives, that also happen to be all intertwined. The movie is based on a book by the same title, however I have yet to read it. So going into it, I knew only the synopsis and what I had seen in the trailer.
I did know that it was going to be a 'chick-flick' and it was, but not in the way we've come to think most chick-flicks are like. It followed many of the same formulas that have been used and will be continued to be recycled - not that I am complaining, every one knows that I am a sucker for a good chick-flick. They did a great job selecting the cast and I loved Ginnifer Goodwin's character - Gigi. I think mostly because, out of the multiple story lines, I tended to identify with her the most. Although, there were aspects of other characters that I feel like I could relate to as well. And that may be why I love the chick-flick genre so much, the whole being able to identify and relate to the characters. But then again, I'm just a sucker for a sappy story. And honestly, had Jason not been with us, I think that I may have shed a tear or two...not sad tears, happy tears.
I highly suggest checking it out. Jason, who is not a big chick-flick watcher, also enjoyed it and said he could see himself taking a date to see this movie.

The next movie on the deck: Friday the 13th on 2/09 - I am so not looking forward to this one :(.

No comments: