Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A recap

So as I stated in my previous post, I've been sort of a bad blogger and not really keeping up with my blogging. I thought that keeping a blog would be easier than my journal (which I haven't written in forever now) but alas, it seems like the same thing is happening here as well. I've just been super busy that sitting down and writing about everything going on is just a little overwhelming.
But I'm changing that - or at least working on changing that. I've started to schedule more "me time" for myself. There are a few projects I have started that I just have never seemed to finish and my goal is to finish them or at least get them almost completely finished. Some of these projects include: my scrapbook (I'm still stuck in 2004 and I wonder if I'll ever finish that year), WWU t-shirt quilt, paint by numbers (I bought it a few months ago and even started it, but now it's just sitting there) and even a few stories I've been working on.
So some of the stuff that has been going on...

Araceli's quince - So for the first time ever, I was asked to be a madrina. So here's how I am connected to Araceli, are you ready for this? She is my godsister, because her parents our my godparents from when I was baptized, but also she is the goddaughter of my parents because they baptized her when she was a baby! Her parents were also the ones who introduced my parents to each other because Esther (Araceli's mom) is one of my mom's best friends. It was a fun weekend. I hadn't actually been to a quince in a while. I think the last one I went to was my sisters and that one doesn't always have the best memories associated with it. (My parent's house was broken into that night and I came home to discover it.)

The Zoo - Ok, so I hadn't been to the zoo since the 4th grade, (well the Woodland Park Zoo at least) so I decided to take Elexia to the zoo! Um, yeah...while it was fun and we had a good time, it also made me realize that kids any time soon...um probably not. By the end of our zoo adventure we were both very cranky and in need of a nap! Actually I think I needed the nap the most. Which is what I did as soon as I got home.

Alonso's despedida bbq - So the same day as the zoo and after my nap, I picked up Casey and we went to Alonso's going away bbq. He is leaving Seattle and going to Illinois for grad school! It was a fun time. We ate so much good food and just hung out laughing and talking in his parents' backyard. There are definitely some fun pictures and some very funny quotes that came out of that afternoon. Including one where Alonso was threatening to stab anyone who wouldn't try his meat.

Bite of Seattle - So after washing my car (it was a much needed wash) I met up with Edgar & Oscar at the Bite. We wandered around for a really long time (EIF stuffed my purse of free samples) and just hung out at the Seattle Center for most of the day. It was good to be outside and just hang out and be with everyone that we eventually met up with.

Dr. Juice's Birthday - Luz celebrated her 29th birthday at Twilight. And while yes I was a tad bit late (I met up with a few people for a drink before hand and of course we ended up at The Crescent) it was lots of fun. She had 2 drinks and was very...umm...happy. So if I was the "hugger" on my birthday, Luz was the "kisser" - she kept saying how happy she was that we had come and kissing us on the cheek.

Capitol Hill Block Party - So Becca and I went to the BP for the 2nd year in a row and had a blast. I was very excited to see Kimya Dawson (she did all the music for Juno). And she was awesome! Oh my gosh she had us cracking up! At one point someone was taking a picture and she's like "this woman is trying to take a picture up my skirt" and then a few moments later she says "dirty, dirty bitch." I really need to go and get her albums, she's funny and quite catchy. While we were there we even ran into Taylor and he was slinging some of his new stuff and I bought one. And really I am quite impressed - I really like this new album. If anyone wants to borrow it let me know, or better yet - support him by buying from him. We saw a few other acts as well, including Chromeo and a few DJs at Havanas. Note to self for next year: wear better shoes! My feet were killing me by the end of the night!

Ok I think this post has gone on long enough. I'll update soon again.... :)

No comments: