Friday, July 11, 2008

Oh wedding dresses

So most mornings I catch the bus on 1st Ave in front of a bridal dress store. And I'll admit it, I look forward to the new window displays and I even pause and gaze for a few seconds. Well yesterday morning, I notice there's a new dress and these two older women are looking at it and totally chatting away as to how beautiful it is. I walk by and glance towards the window when one of the women turns to me and says: "Don't you think that's absolutely gorgeous? Would you wear it if you were getting married, not that I'm assuming that you aren't married or that you are married."
I just laughed and her friend laughs as well because the poor woman started turning red. I tell her it's ok and then say "Well actually, my favorite dress is the one right there, but with a few modifications." And I point to a dress that is on display inside the store next to the pillar - so maybe I've drooled over it a couple of times ;). The other woman (who didn't ask for my opinion initially) then says "Yes, that is my favorite as well. It's just stunning!"
My bus then came and I told them to have a great day and as I looked back at them I could still see them pointing and chatting away.
It really made my morning.

No comments: