It's funny how your life can sort of get into a a rhythm and you don't question it...it becomes comfortable. It's the same thing every day and then you hang out with the same people every weekend. You hit up the same bars, you even get the same drink, but occasionally you switch it up and get a beer. So what happens when something unexpected is thrown into the mix?
On Friday a good friend of mine was rushed to the hospital. I got there around 4:3oish because I went there directly after work. It was a waiting game as 3 of us sat there and just waited. I hate waiting, I'm so impatient it was driving me nuts and I was getting super antsy. Finally the doctor came and explained to us what they thought was going on. It was so much information we didn't even know what questions would be appropriate to ask, so we ended up Googling information. (She has an AVM in her brain and her entire left side of her body is numb. They still don't know what is the exact cause of this. Or what is causing the "seizures" in her left arm.) More people were called and eventually there were 8 of us playing the waiting game. It was so easy to be strong when you are with a big group of people who were trying to do the same thing. And I succeeded until James picked me up and I got into his car.
This weekend, when I wasn't working or sleeping - I was at the hospital. After leaving her on Saturday night and she texted "I moved my leg! Screw you blood vessel" we laughed so hard, I think mostly to keep from crying, at least in my case.
She'll be fine though and before we know it, she'll be joining us at our favorite bars and going out dancing. She's got determination and a wonderful family, oh and some great friends there to support her, we are praying for a speedy recovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment