Sunday, June 29, 2008

Good conversations

So yesterday Ketarae and I were finally able to connect and meet up. We had dinner at Six Arms and then headed over to Cal Andersen Park and just sat there for a couple of hours just gossiping and talking about life. The last time I had seen Kets was at Monyka's funeral almost a year ago. I always find it so comforting how you can go so long without actually talking to someone for a long time and still feel like no time has passed by. We pretty much caught each other up on what had been going on each of our lives and what we had heard about other classmates. We also decided that we wished that dating was like when you were in 6th grade and on the first day of class your friend would declare that she had talked to so-and-so and you were now dating.
It was also good to talk about Monyka, since I really don't have that Ephrata connection anymore and anyone to share random memories that would fully understand why it was so funny. At one point I think we each started to tear up a little, but they were good happy tears - funny memories of carnival rides - gosh, we were such nerds in high school.
I'm happy that she'll be moving to Seattle soon. Maybe then we can catch up more often and hang out too!

Now it's off to play tour guide for a group of students from Mexico w/ Antonio!

No comments: