Thursday, September 13, 2007

Block, jab, jab, right hook, elbow, face to the knee

So generally I'm not a violent person - I like to talk things out and talk about things calmly in a very non-confrontational kind of way (Sierra knows what I'm talking about). However, after the day I had today - it felt so good to just put on those boxing gloves and just punch away and picture certain student's faces. I just feel sorry for Lauren who was on the receiving end of those punches with the pads. (The short story of Monica's stressful day: Registration Week + problems with system = idiot students who send "I hate the Registrar's office" e-mails and high volumes of calls - oh and these are just the grad students. I can't wait till the seniors start registering tomorrow!)

Kickboxing has really become such a great stress reliever - I love it. I highly recommend taking a class, even someone as uncoordinated as me can get the hang of it as long as I concentrate and focus. I think I might even try to take it 2x a week next quarter. I may need it since I'll be taking that photography class!

So watch out, I've got a mean right hook

No comments: