So, it was the summer of 2003 and I was in Morelia. Every morning I had a routine, I would turn on some SiTv or HTv and then jump in the shower. And for I don't know how many days in a row, I kept missing the beginning of the video & that is the only time they mentioned the name of the video. I even went as far as trying to write down some of the lyrics to try to do a search online. (You know pre-Google, it was impossible.) BUT finally I was able to watch the entire video and promptly went to the little CD shop down from CCL (our school) and bought the CD. That was also when I fell in love with Juanes. I loved the entire CD and played it so many times. Everyone on the trip would eventually buy it as well.
I can't even remember why, but Trey & I started calling it "our song" and when the drunk guy called him my husband, we decided that it would be our wedding song. And really if you think about it, it's quite a sad song. "Cada vez que to busco y no estas/cada vez que te llamo no estas/es por eso que solo en mis fotos estas (Every time I look for you, you're not there/Every time I call you, you're not there/And that's why you are only in my photos).
Also, another fun fact - it was this song that I played on repeat on my disc-man during our trip to Puerto Escondido. Going over a very narrow road, that wound up and then back down a mountain with large drop offs, will make you play the same song over & over again to help keep you calm. Oh and did I mention that, the bus was a 3rd class bus and we were surprised that it actually made it over (that's a whole different story, for another post).
No comments:
Post a Comment