Monday, May 17, 2010

What a weekend!

So I'm behind in my blogging project, really behind. And that's because of my super busy weekend. It was non-stop and so much fun; and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. I made new friends, hung out with old friends and just had an absolutely great time.....

In a nutshell:

Thursday
Work until 2 pm
Head to Portland
Check out our super fancy hotel (we had fur blankets)
Happy Hour at Nel Centro
Dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings
Back to Nel Centro, because no one wanted to call it a night
After a fly in a margarita, super weak drinks, tantarans & nel, being invited over to someone's house (well the boys were, the girls were not), lots of laughing; we finally decided to move on to the Cheerful Tortoise
Blue Moon pitchers, 3-for-$1.00 wings, pool and much more laughter
Home (hotel) at 1 am

Friday
Up at 7:30ish am
Taking silly pictures with the fur blanket
The ability to locate a Starbucks anywhere, even Portland
PSU for our "drive-in conference" on Working with Undocumented Students
Back in Seattle at 6ish pm
Tony's Birthday celebration at Twilight
Double-fisting a Trophy Cupcake & a street vendor hot dog
Home at 2:30ish am

Saturday
Up at 8 am (I can't sleep in anymore)
Re-pack for today's mini-adventure to Bellingham
Run around the Westwood Village for a couple of hours
Realizing the White Center Dollar Store is going out of business
Head to Andrea's house at 4 pm
Arrive in beautiful Bellingham and check into our hotel
Call cab and head out for dinner at El Gitano (our old dinner spot)
Pollo Asado, Modelo Especial and for dessert - a birthday cake shot (it has begun)
Downtown to the Up&UP, PBR pitchers are now $3 and the Up is now 1/2 the original size!
Move on to The Royal (whose idea was this??) where nothing has changed, except that my baby sister can now join me here.
Home (hotel) at 2:30ish am

Sunday
Up at 8 am (again, old age = up early)
Breakfast with mom & niece at Ihop
Wandering around Western's campus & the College Store
WWU 10th Annual Ridin' Low in the 3-6-0 Low Rider Show (yay!!)
Tortas, shiny & sparkly cars, hop contests, dunk tanks, paletas, aguas de piƱa, churros, pictures, dancing, memories, family & friends
Home at 8ish pm
bed.

Also, did I mention that the weather this past weekend was absolutely gorgeous! I loved that so many of our activities had us outside and that I was able to actually enjoy it!

No comments: