So after a busy Saturday, which included going down to Kent to get my alternator belt replaced, running around the mall to pick up a wedding present (plus other misc items), Andres & Lara's wedding reception and then going dancing at Havana's. It was kind of nice to have a low-key Sunday.
My accomplishments for the day:
I read My Sister's Keeper - yes, I read this book in about 2 days. I just could not put it down. Needless to say, I was bawling by the end of the book. I haven't read a book like this in so long. These were the kind of books I used to read all the time, but now I tend to read more Chicana/Latina literature. I'm really excited to go see the movie tomorrow and I really hope I'm not disappointed.
I made two new pairs of earrings and fixed a pair that had been hiding out in my 'earring box' for awhile. I got into jewelery making a few years ago and bought all the tools and occasionally will buy beads for future projects - but of course I've made maybe just a handful. It was very calming and relaxing - I miss doing these kinds of projects.
So while I was making these earrings, I also watched two movies with Kitty (and Jake also joined us for the 2nd movie while he worked on a project of his own). So, since I had finished reading a very sad book, I brought along happy-chick-flick movies and we watched How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days and Win a Date with Tad Hamilton, both of which I love so much. I told Kitty that Trey and I used to watch Win a Date and drink bottles (yes, plural) of wine...I miss those days.
I'm very much looking forward to having a day off tomorrow. It's my comp day for working commencement. I'm thinking some cleaning is in order since the girls are coming over for a craft night on Wednesday night, as well as possibly a movie or two....
No comments:
Post a Comment