So I had hoped that while I was in Ephrata, I could get some blogging in...but alas my parents dial-up, yes you read that right - dial-up, wouldn't allow me to load blogger correctly, so sad.
So Wednesday night I headed to the bar, more specifically I headed to Wendy's Tavern. But first I picked up Ketarae before heading there. When we arrived we quickly scanned the room and located the group we were going to be meeting up with and darted to that corner. I think that Kristin's husband, Jason, said it best when he described it as "a single wide mobile home." It's a rather small bar and it was packed that night. Speaking of Kristin, this was the first time I had seen her in probably oh 7 years. She and I were really good friends in HS, but then afterwards sort of lost touch when she moved to Spokane, I can't even remember why now because it has been so long. So it was good to see her and also meet her husband.
Let's just say the whole Ephrata bar experience was....interesting. There were lots of faces I recognized, but whose names I had forgotten, so I depended on Crystal and Lindsay to refresh my memory. I got filled in on who was dating who and who was married to who, etc. Also, at one point I noticed that I was the only person of color in the entire bar (believe me I checked as we walked through the bar to get to the bathroom.) It was only then that I started to kind of feel out of place because I haven't been in that kind of social situation since, well since I was in high school. It was also weird to see people I hadn't seen in years or people who in my mind should not be allowed in bars because they are much younger than me, but apparently are now 21 - I forget that people get older ;).
Although, I will admit that I did feel a little snobby. And maybe I should have talked to a few more people, but you know we didn't really ever talk in HS and you were kind of a jerk, so why should I talk to you now? Oh well...I'll be seeing a lot of these same people in about a year and a half if I decide to attend my 10 year reunion...yikes!
We got to the bar around 9 and I was home and in bed by 11:30...it was not a late night or a long night for that matter. Also, whenever I stay at my parents house I hate staying out late. I feel bad if I do, apparently the midnight curfew is totally still ingrained in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment