Monday, September 1, 2008

Shopping with the sister

So I'm the first to admit, that the middle sister and I don't always get along. If there is something to fight about - we will fight about it. And I think that the bickering might have gotten worse when she had my wonderful little niece. We just are two very different people and tend to both be very stubborn and set in our ways. I don't know if it's the age gap - we are 2.5 years apart, but she tends to not get along as well with our youngest sister either and there is a 5 year gap between them, so it could just be her, who knows.

So in an effort to better our relationship, I'm trying to make an effort to include her in more things or have been trying to do things just the two of us. (We saw the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, last month). And so this Monday when I wanted to get out of the apartment, I called her and asked if she wanted to go to the mall. She agreed (the niece is at my parents house for the week) and off we went on a shopping adventure. And we had fun. We went to Northgate and then decided to head up to Lynnwood to go to Old Navy and then grab an early dinner.

I think our funniest moment happened when we were at Ross. (I'm currently looking for a dress to wear for a wedding in October.) When she all of a sudden holds up a dress with a ton of sequins and says, "Tina Turner called and she wants her dress back." Oh man we both laughed so hard! It was a good way to end a shopping day, because after that we both knew it was time to go home....

No comments: