Sunday, April 27, 2008

Veggie Chips

So on Saturday Jim and I headed over to Bainbridge Island. It was a very much needed mini-getaway. We got to Bainbridge Island and headed over to the casino for lunch since we both wanted Indian Tacos. We wandered around the casino and played some penny slots (we were big spenders, I know). After being there for a little while, we caught the bus back to Winslow and wandered around there - in and out of little shops. Hearing the announcement of an "old-fashion cake walk" we wandered into the little grocery store - Town&Country Market.

They were having a cake extravaganza with all of these amazing wedding and birthday cakes on display. They were even giving out free samples of cake, which we very much enjoyed. We continued to wander to other shops, but we hit the grocery story again and that's when I discovered my new love - VEGETABLE CHIPS! They are so delicious and I really hope that I will be able to find them in Seattle, if not I may just have to take a ferry back and buy a couple of pounds of these yummy deliciousness!

It's funny as I was headed downtown I realized that I hadn't been on a ferry since the 4th grade. Those from Quincy will remember the amazing 4th grade field trip when we came to Seattle and stayed overnight in a gym in Anacortes. I think that when the weather warms up even more there will definitely be a lot more ferry rides for me! (Thanks Jim!)

No comments: