After spending an entire day at Disneyland, we were so exhausted. But we were mujeres on a mission. We had places to visit and people to see. I texted Jared and he sug
gested that we go to Toast Bakery Cafe. Apparently this is a hot-spot for many famous people. Also he said that once we had the food there I'd probably want to marry him because it was so delish. And, oh boy, was he right. The food was amazing! Everything tasted so fresh and was absolutely perfect. The first thing I texted him was "four out of 5 girls now want to marry you. Why 4? Because one is already married!" After breakfast, we stopped by his work for few minutes and then headed off to Santa Monica. Which now looking back, I never got a picture with the sign, sad face. Also, I may have been a little disappointed. I know I shouldn't believe everything I see on tv, but they always make it look huge and it really wasn't. But, it was still a fun time.
We even spent a few hours at the restaurant at the end of the pier - Mariasol - flirting with the cute bartender named Juan. After taking several pictures on the beach, we had to head out to drop Maria off at the airport. Which, for the record because we had been drinking a bit we may have almost (on purpose) made her miss her flight. But she got there only 15 mins before boarding and they still let her on!
We then headed back to the hotel to nap and just watch tv. We then started to get ready for going out and proceeded to drink almost an entire bottle of vodka...hey we were cabbing it and we were finally going out. And we did go out, after one failed attempt, (they lied & said they were going to be playing banda, but it ended up being a salsa band), we ended up at a place, that was a bit on the shady side. Also, we knew that this second place was totally it because on our cab ride there, Journey was playing. But we had so much fun. We all danced a whole bunch and Alex & I even headed up to the 2nd floor and danced cumbia with these two very cute boys. There were many great stories that came out from this night.
Sunday
We had promised Jared that we would meet him at 10 and it was a bit of a slow start & checking out of our hotel, we made it. We had breakfast at Denny's because we needed something fast & greasy - super greasy. After breakfast we loaded into our car and we headed to Santee Alley for some more shopping. We wandered around for a few hours. I picked up more earrings, (I think the total came to 10 pairs), shirts, perfume and yes, even my first Jimmy Choo purse ;). It was fun to spend some time with Jared. It had been far too long since I had last seen him, let alone hung out with him. He's a great shopping buddy too!But alas, like all great things, our time in LA had to end. We dropped Jared off and then headed off to the airport.
I had such a great time. And I hope to do it all over again soon. Although, this time I think there will be less tourist destinations and more hanging out with people. There were a few people I had hoped I to meet up with, but didn't get a chance to.Now I need to start planning my next vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment