Sunday, March 14, 2010

This magic moment

So, recently I experienced something that I have been referring to as my "movie moment." We all know that scene where it's a boy and a girl and they haven't seen each other for so long, but then by chance of fate they are at the same place and then suddenly their eyes meet and they just run to each other and he takes her into his arms and they just embrace.

Well a similar thing happened to me. I went to my first art walk in Pioneer Square (it's only taken me almost 4 years) because a gallery was having an artist reception for 10 Latino Artists from the Pacific Northwest. So, I was chatting it up with someone when all of a sudden, I look up and across the room I see my friend Rudy, who I hadn't seen in about 2 years now. But it was funny because we each did a double take and stopped mid-sentence, walked towards each other and gave each other a big hug. He then introduced me to his partner and we just chatted for a while. Rudy is a wonderful man, who I met because we both worked at MW. It's funny because it's always the same questions (he's such a big brother) about how life is going, if there's a boy, if I'm staying out of trouble, etc. We have made plans to hang out soon.

Catching up with old friends, even if for a brief moment, always makes me happy.

No comments: