Thursday, July 9, 2009

NKOTB...part two!

So yes...here I thought when they split up way back when that never would I ever get to see NKOTB perform! Boy was I wrong! In less than a year I have now seen them TWO TIMES!

While I'll always remember the first time I saw them in concert...this last time was truly a memorable experience! I totally turned into a 12 yr old girl at one point.

So, let me back-track a little....so in like April (I think) we got tickets for this show. They had a one-day sale of lawn seating for only $10 (except they came out to like $22 b/c of a parking fee, so lame), but hey, they were still pretty cheap. So day of the show Marcie, Rachel, Joanna, Becca and I were off to the White River Amphitheater. We blasted NKOTB, no really Rachel blasted it so loud we could barely hear our own thoughts. As we are going through the ticket line, the guy says that there might be a possibility that we wouldn't need the chairs we had with us because we would all be moved closer. And sure enough, after the Jabbawockeez and Jesse McCartney performed, they started allowing people to go into the reserved seating area. We quickly packed our stuff and headed down. It was actually a little bit sad, but the show was not even close to being sold out, but had it been what happened during the show would not have happened!

So at one point we are all singing and cheering and having a really great time when suddenly the lights go out and we see flashlights right in front of us. At this point we are only about 3 rows from one of the main walkways that separate the floor seats from section 2 (our level). That's when we realize that it's THEM! It's the New Kids walking by us surrounded by security. They make their way over to these boxes on which they perform one of their songs! I scream at Joanna & Becca to get down to the railing and we make a bee-line for it! And during the song - Jonathan totally comes over and hi-fives us! That is when I turned into a 12 yr old girl! This 12 yr old girlness was then further escalated when Joey also came over and did the same thing! I just remember squealing (yes, that's right squealing) and turning to Joanna and saying "I TOUCHED HIM!"

At that point, all of my girlhood dreams had totally come true....

No comments: