Wednesday, July 12, 2006

One week at the new job!

So I just realized that I hadn't given an update as to how work was going. I have officially been employed for one week today. And I love my job. It really is great. I'm learning a lot, that's for sure. Officially I am the Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director and the Associate Director, plus I do a lot of other things for other people in the office. Also, the entire office is moving to a much bigger location and guess who gets to be in charge - ME! That will be an interesting process since up until I ordered supplies a couple of days ago I didn't really know where the paperclips were!

I really am excited about this job. It is finally a job where I look forward to going to work every day. I get up and I am ready to start the day. I know this may be the new job feeling but I dont really think that's the case for me. After working for seven years at a job like Chicago Title you totally get burnt out on the same monotonous and bullshit that comes with a corporate job.

And as many of you know, or might not know my uncle died of AIDS related illnesses about 2 ½ years ago on Thanksgiving Day. So for me to be able to work in an agency where they are helping people living with the disease means so much to me. I will never get over the sadness of losing someone so close to me this disease, but at least now I feel like I am doing something pro-active. It's kind of hard to explain or put into words what I am going through. Stephany Hazelrigg did a great job of explaining it tonight...but now I can't recall everything she said I would completely butcher it if I tried.

For now this is definitely what I see myself doing. I'm working with a great bunch of people that I know I will learn a lot from. Everyone is amazing, they are all so passionate and they never seem to loose their focus. This change is good and this new path that life has taken me on is definitely very good.

No comments: