Thursday, March 30, 2006

NAES Conference - Day 1

So after a long 17 hour drive we are finally in San Francisco! I swear we thought we would never get here. But we finally did and it's been crazy-busy the entire time. Even though we did some work for the conference on the ride down, we still had some stuff to do last night and were up until 2 in the morning AND we got up at 6 because we had to set-up for registration.

It was a long day of trying to get things organized and people registered. I didn't attend any of the sessions just because even thought we hae 3 people working the table it doesn't seem like enough at times. I missed the session about Queer Chicana/o Subjectivities in Transition and was really bummed about that. Hopefully I will be able to attend instead tomorrow a session on Raptures: Race, Gender, Sexuality, Citizenship, Space and Activism or Immigration, Education, and Activism in the Intermountain West: Latino/as in Utah and Nevada.

It really has been quite the learning experience and it's been great meeting all sorts of people from all walks of life who have such a great passion for what they do.

Also since we are staying at the Sir Frances Drake Hotel which happens to be in a great shopping area. Yes that's right a 6-story Macy's is what I can see out of our hotel window and H&M is down the block not to mention so many other wonderful and fabulous stores, haha.

Ok well this girl needs to go to bed and get more than a couple of hours of sleep.

No comments: