So this weekend was the BIG MOVE.
On Saturday morning I went a picked up my U-Haul and as I drove towards my apartment I felt it only appropriate to blast some country. So it was just me and some Alan Jackson going down I-5.
THANKS to my Mom, Olivia, Mindy, Ricky and Jim we were able to load and move EVERYTHING out on Saturday. It was also decided for me that I was not allowed to ever buy any more furniture, apparently I am too much of a pack rat
!
And I was so thankful that we did decide to move everything on Saturday rather than yesturday. Because it poured yesturday and not just a little bit of rain...but ALOT! Luckily yesturday we just scrubbed and cleaned the rest of the apartment - which was so much fun. *note the sarcasm in the writing*
As we were stiting in the living room on the floor taking a break and eating our Boomers, it weird to glance around and see really how big the apartment was. It was funny to recall all the crazy things that happened there. We had our ups and downs, but really in the end - what counts is all the good memories.
It was kind of strange to lock the door for the last time. Out of all of us who had lived in E223 - I had lived there the longest - 3 years. Not to get all metaphorically - but it was very much like closing the Western chapter in my book...
AND NOW I am in my new apartment...so once I get settled in...everyone should come visit me!
Comments -
Ginny: Where are at now?
Oscar: Hmm...perhaps the next random trip we take to B-ham
Christy: So you mean I will never enter that apartment again? Que triste! I'll miss how like home that apartment was, though I never lived there. SOOO many memories. I am really sad now
How I used to walk in without knocking sometimes
, how we all used to meet there. Oh that apartment was a staple of memories and moments. Well all good things must come to an end I hope your new apt. is the bomb.com! I"m sure it is, I'll have to come by when I get back into town, since it is just down the street from my new place 
P.S. I feel your pain, moving is NO fun!
ME: Now we can all make new memories in my new apartment! I am almost all the way settled in...just a few more boxes to unpack and I'm am good to go! Maybe I'll throw a nice housewarming party or something...no se!
No comments:
Post a Comment